If you`re planning to rent out a room in your home, it`s important to have a rental agreement form to ensure that both you and your tenant are on the same page when it comes to rules and expectations. A rental agreement form also serves as legal documentation in case of any disputes in the future. Here are some key things to include in your rental agreement form:
1. Names and contact information: Be sure to include the names and contact information of both the landlord (that`s you!) and the tenant. You may also want to include emergency contact information in case of any unforeseen situations.
2. Rent payment: Clearly outline the rent payment amount, due date(s), and any late fees. Be sure to specify the preferred method of payment (i.e. check, cash, electronic transfer) and where the payment should be delivered.
3. Security deposit: Specify the amount of the security deposit (usually equal to one month`s rent) and the conditions under which it will be returned to the tenant (i.e. after move-out inspection and cleaning).
4. Duration of the lease: Specify the start and end dates of the lease agreement. If it`s a month-to-month agreement, be sure to include how much notice either party needs to give to terminate the agreement.
5. Utilities: Make it clear which utilities (if any) are included in the rent payment, and which ones the tenant will be responsible for paying separately. This may include electricity, gas, water, internet or cable TV.
6. Rules and regulations: List any rules and regulations that the tenant must adhere to while renting the room. This may include noise restrictions, smoking policies, use of common spaces, and pet policies.
7. Maintenance and repairs: Specify who is responsible for maintaining and repairing the room and any common areas. Be sure to include how repairs will be handled and what constitutes an emergency repair.
In addition to these key elements, it`s important to have a clear and concise rental agreement form that is easy to understand for both the landlord and tenant. Make sure to review the agreement with your tenant before they move in and have them sign and date the form to make it official. With a well-crafted rental agreement form in place, you can feel confident that your room rental will be a smooth and successful experience.